“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.”

- Francis Bacon

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Heavens Declare the Glory of God




The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night sheweth knowledge. Ps. 191:1, 2



What does it mean when it is said that the heavens declare the glory of God? The heavens declare that God is perfect. The heavens manifest His wisdom, power, and His intelligent end. The heavens are manifesting the glory of God in the sense that they reveal what God is and what He can do.

But the heavens are not designed to reveal the love of God, the grace of God, nor the righteousness of God. That is where Christians come into the picture. We are designed to show "the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ." (Eph. 2:7)


-Dr. John Walvoord, The Thessalonian Epistles p.112





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke!
Wow, those are some beautiful pictures, especially the first one. I'm a sucker for beautiful skies. :-) Seriously, I really love that verse, and pretty skies are something special to me that just draw my attention to the Lord. Thanks for sharing that.

I hope things are going well for you. I posted some kind of big news on my blog... big for my family, anyway!
I hope you and your family have a nice weekend!
Love, Ashley

Anonymous said...

Those are really beautiful pictures!! Did you take them??

I've never been to the Wilds... ehr... that is... I was like 3 or 4 last time, and I don't remember it. Anyway, my mom counseled there for several years before she got married. And I know the Stodulas... I'm not sure if you would have seen them - the camp is soo big! But then, Mr Steve was most likely in fun time. :) Okay... I could ramble on this subject indefinately, so I better go. LOL.

You have a great day! In Christ, Erica

Holly said...

Nice remodel :)

arbee said...

Hello Brooke!

Make up my mind? Why on earth would I want to do that? :) On important things, like my faith and my morals, I don't change my mind. But on unimportant things, like where I blog or how to do my hair... I can be very indecisive. :)

I'm glad I can provide some laughter for you!

I liked your post! Very nice. The pictures were really beautiful. I love scenes like that.

HUgs,
Becca

SuperAngel said...

Ok.... am i in heaven? :P I love love cloud pictures! LOVE them! I have such a obsession with them!

Great thoughts here, Brooke. Glad I stopped by today and saw them. What encouragement!

Glad you know you are a McCain supporter... not that I figured you would EVER vote for Obama. :P I sure hope he wins.

Hope you are doing well. Miss talking to you! :) Love ya!
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Miss Rachel said...

Hey Miss Brooke -
You are welcome for the invitation. I would love it greatly if you would comment on the posts... if you have something to add to them! Could you post about it on your blog, so more people can see it? :)

That is funny that I used that picture and you have it! I think it's really cute. I was looking for the one where the man is sitting on a stack of books and is reading one and there is one on the floor, but couldn't find it. I did find it, after I made the icon! LOL :D

We are doing fine. How about you girls?

I hope you will keep up with the Challenge!

Love,
Rachel

Joyce said...

I enjoy watching "design" shows. The creativity inspires me. However, none of that can compare to the ultimate "Design Star", God. What a creative God we serve. We only have to look around us to see His handiwork. And to think, we are created in His image.
Love you.