Overflowing thoughts. It describes my blog in every way because that's exactly what it is---a special spot to pour out some of my opinions, beliefs and ponderings.
I was thinking about my goal this year for "beside the brook," and I am hoping to try to share a lot more "thoughts" with you. I warn you, however, that a lot I believe is controversial to the culture. Actually I would say just about everything is. But Christianity is all about non-conformation---to the world that is. Becoming conformed to Christ's image, however, is what life's all about and our our greatest goal and purpose as Christians.
If my blog accomplishes anything else, I pray that it will bring you closer to our Savior and if you don't know Him you'll find Him soon. Yes, I do write about frivolous things sometimes, but I hope that in the end the main emphasizes you will discover here will always point you to the God of glory and the truths of His Word.
I've consider to quit blogging many times (perhaps you can tell from my lack of it), but the more I consider my purpose the more I realize how good it could be and how much I enjoy it! So I have decided to keep on going. Whether you'll read or not is up to you. I just want a place to write my, well...overflowing thoughts with you from the perspective of an eighteen year old. If you do choose to stick around, I hope it will encourage you in your walk with Christ. We can make it a journey together. And because of that it keeps me writing; I have so many thoughts and so much to share so stay tuned!

6 comments:
I agree with your title and with your point about quit blogging. Glad you're here dear!
Miss Jocelyn
aponderingheart.com
YOU HAVE TO KEEP BLOGGING! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Great title....can't wait for more of your "overflowing thoughts." They are such an encouragement!!
Love, Elizabeth
I love your blog and yes keep on blogging! It might be controversial but its a good controversial. I enjoy reading your thoughts! I don't have many friends old and young that believe the same way you and I do so its nice to come into the bloggy world and be able to see it. Because there are girls who want to strive for Him and not conform to the patterns of this world. thank you that!
Rebecca (I don't have a blog spot, but I do have a xanga.)
www.xanga.com/icebluechick
I think you know how I feel about you blogging....but, let me remind you. I feel closer to you. Since we aren't able to physically sit down together and chat I do enjoy reading your thoughts here. I may not always have the time to respond, but, I read everything.
Love you girl
Aunt Joyce
Hi there! I found your blog because The Hiding Place is also one of my favorite books. As a 33 year-old married mom I've really enjoyed what I've read on your blog. I wish that I had been as firm and uncompromising in my beliefs when I was your age! God bless you as you navigate the bumpy waters of life! :)
Post a Comment