I have this problem and perhaps you can sympathize with me. I'm a very organized person which is great. My complication? I have a hard time getting rid of things. In other words I keep just about everything that means something to me or I think can be useful sometime in the future. I think this can be good concerning some stuff but overall is this a good or bad thing??
Holly has called me a pack rat for awhile now. Looking around my room and seeing everything organized and in order, I always thought it wildly unreasonably that I would be so....until I did some deep cleaning. All I have to say is: oh brother!
I have hung on to almost everything that holds any sentimental value to me. They are the most difficult for me to let go, so therefore I usually don't. It drives me crazy but at the same time it would kill me to give it up or throw it away. I couldn't believe some of the things I discovered packed away in boxes and such, some stuff I've had and hadn't seen in ages. It's like this raging battle taking place inside of me. I don't need it but I just can't trash it!
I'm doing a little better and the last cleaning excursion of my room was profitable as I finally begun letting things go. But the bad things is that I have discovered this struggle recently appearing in other things, such as my text message inbox and my e-mail. They constantly remain full because there's too many messages/e-mails I wouldn't consider deleting. AHHHHHH!
This really is a struggle. The problem is that I don't see any solution but letting go of some things. I feel like just throwing up my hands over this. Am I a hopeless case?
7 comments:
Man... did I write this? Seriously I have the same problem! I save EVERYTHING! Jocelyn actually sat down with me a couple years ago and made me get rid of a few things... we'll see if I will regret that sooner or later...
I can't help ya cause I'm in the same boat. sigh! :)
HUGS and LOVES!
Amanda
The Daily Planet
Hey.
Here's a solution. Try moving 7 times! You end up getting rid of almost anything! Never fails!
Problem solved. :)
-Jeremy
Hey Brooke!
I used to have that same problem! I wanted tokeep everything. But, the thing was, we didn't have room for everything. So, my mom sat down with me and we looked at some of the things. I had to really think about was I really going to use this certain thing now or even later? NO! So, we just got rid of it and sooner or later I forgot all about it.
Hopes that helped!
Much Love,
Hannah Paige
Hey,
Ah the getting rid of stuff problem. I tend to keep only what I think is really important. So to be honest I have no idea what it is like to have a whole bunch of stuff and want to save it all. It would get pretty crazy if me and my eight brothers and sisters saved a lot.
Yeah I am really excited to be heading off to college in the fall. I am planning something like International relations or Political Science. I am still looking at other majors though.
So are you doing online college? Like do you get the same credits like a course taken at a college?
I hope all is well
In Christ, Nathan
I have an announcement, people...
Brooke has been cleaning her room (and closet) lately, and threw away a lot of junk and has a few bags to take to the thrift store!
Aw, thanks sis! What a kind thing to put a disclaimer on my blog for me! Yes, I think I am on my way to recovery. *Freedom!!*
You could be me all over again. It is a long process for me, as I had much longer to accumulate things and seven children to help make them sentimental, and with working so much, not a lot of time to go through it all. The children are off on missions now, leaving me to find my own time to go through a box now and again. I plan to give away a lot of it to them and others dear to me who will be glad for it.
Post a Comment