
Last week I enjoyed for the first time the role of being a camp counselor and I loved it. I know it was only successful because of God's power and the prayers of many family and friends back home.
The well known, Philippians 4:13, became so real to me last week. I did many things I could not have normally done and I was placed outside my comfort zone many times, but because God was my strength I was able to accomplish much for Him.
I loved everything about being a counselor: directing, counseling, and discipling five sweet girls, making awesome friends, meeting with other counselors for prayer 6:30 in the morning, meeting and getting to know many campers, learning about God and His Word, participating in fun camp activities, helping campers memorize Scripture, eating the delicious camp food! etc. etc.
But the most joyous part of my week was leading four campers to Christ. Of course it wasn't I who did it; God just happened to use me and put me at the right place at just the right time. And they were so ready. Through the sermons and nights of devotions, their hearts had been softened to the gospel and they were ready to give Christ their life. I listened to them pray and they sincerely asked Christ to be their Savior. It was such an exciting time!! I never helped lead anyone to Christ before so I couldn't help to be moved. I was so thankful for God's working in these girl's lives and the others who surrendered their lives to God.
God did so much last week and answered so much prayer. He not only worked in the camper's hearts but mine as well. I give Him praise for that.
Philippians 4:13 is almost a cliche' among believers, but I want to encourage you to really think about and believe in its meaning. Without God you can do nothing (John 15:5), but with Him you can do anything (Phil. 4:13). You can do all things with Christ if He is your source of strength (Ps. 27:1). And when He is, it's endless of what you can accomplish.
1 comment:
That's great!
I must have felt so wonderful to be praying with someone in becoming a christian!
Hope it was fun!
~Allison
Post a Comment