“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.”

- Francis Bacon

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tabernacle Model


My church is having a study on the Tabernacle. We're studying about the overall significance, the meaning and symbols of each piece, what it represents, lessons we can learn from it, and more. What I have learned so far (I have missed a few sermons due to being out of town) has been really neat.

My sister and I are putting together a model of the Tabernacle for our pastor. We picked up the paints today and have started working on it.






The model our pastor gave us is very detailed just as the real thing. We're hand painting each piece the same colors that are mentioned in the Bible. I worked on spray painting the fence posts bronze and then carefully painting the tops and hooks silver while Holly painted the Tabernacle frame and curtain frames a nice gold (we happened to buy paint that is actually 18 karat gold!) and the tops silver. We also painted the Tabernacle furniture, brazen, laver and all the animals.

We have a good start and it is coming along quite nicely. It's a detailed but very profitable project. I really think this project is going to put everything we are learning into a greater understanding as we bring it all to life.

I hope to keep you updated on its progress! I so can't wait until the finished product.

On a side note, I finished my Driver's Ed program I started a year ago this morning! Today was pretty enjoyable as we were able to actually drive through a track, learn how to brake fast and to drive the "skid car." The skid car was pretty amazing because we were able to experience what it felt like to drive on ice and what to do if your vehicle ever got out of control. I was thankful to learn what I did and surprised how it all really worked! After hours in a classroom and hands on experience---I have learned a lot through this driving program. The deputy proudly said about Holly and I that: "these girls can drive!" :0)

Today has been a good day...I need to get ready for bed now.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome project. I've learned a lot about Christianity by studying the tabernacle.

ya, being a Christian in public school is going to be like swimming against the tide, but I do know of a few Christian girls there, so we can encourage each other. :)

SuperAngel said...

That is so neat. We did a little study on the Tabernacle a couple months ago.

I look forward to seeing more on this!

Are you recovered after your attack from Amber and Autumn? :D

Love ya
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Randy Webb said...

@Alycia

Statistics say that 90%+ of people that don't come to know Jesus before they turn 18 will never be saved.

As a Christian you should be excited that you will be a missionary where fewer and fewer believers are willing to go and make a difference in young peoples life.

And you thought mission work only happened in other countries.......

If it were not for the Christians I met in high school I would be lost or dead. So thank God for those.

I have had the privilege of introducing over one hundred people to my Lord. I know several of those people that are active in ministry and leading others to Christ now.

What if those Christians I knew in high school had stayed home? How many souls would they have effected?

Don't read my comment as anti home school. It's not. I plan to home school my child for a time. How long that time is depends on a lot of factors.

If she has a relationship with Jesus and is mature enough while in her teens I want her to have the opportunity to get out there where the lost need it the most.

I don't believe that Church is the place for evangelism, it's a place for worship. I see in the Bible example after example of Jesus going where the lost are.

Anyway, I can go on about this all day. What I mean to get across is that you have an awesome opportunity and should look at it with excitement and not fear.

I led Bible study and worship at a local middle school a couple of years ago for First Priority and you would be surprised how many schools across the country have a Bible study group. It's completely legal because the student organize and plan it. If there is not a group at your school, I can give you all the info you need to get it going.

I am Brooke's cousin-in-law by the way.

Randy Webb
http://www.randywebb.net

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I hope you will post pictures of the finished product when you're done. That is a really neat idea!

Also, great job on Driver's ED. I need to finish reading the manual. :S

Jeremy said...

Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... HSB doesn't really have very many features. I like wordpress a lot better. :)

That is a really neat project! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product!

In Christ's love, Erica

SuperAngel said...

Hey Brooke!

Just stopping by to say Hey! Hope you are having a SUPER day! ttyl!

Love ya!
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Miss Sarah Jean said...

Hey!! thanks for the comment. Yes we do live in mexico.
that project you're doing looks neat. It sounds like something i would enjoy doing, I've always been a very hands-on artsy person. Blessings be apon you, keep up the good work! :D
~