“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.”
- Francis Bacon
Friday, January 2, 2009
Short Summery of 2008
We have officially entered 09'. 2008 was a fantastic year for me. It was one of the best! I look back over it and I am so touched and grateful of all of God's blessings. He has been faithful to bless us in numerous, countless ways. God has been my strength this year--my dear friend. I don't know how I could have gotten through without Him (I wouldn't have!). He has once again provided, protected, taught and blessed me. He is so gracious and good and I give Him all the praise!!
Many things occurred last year. A few would be: Autumn accepted Christ as her Savior, Amber and Autumn were baptized, I graduated from high-school, Holly and I attended a 2-day woman's conference in Alabama, I started piano lessons, took two trips to Bob Jones University, my sister and I enjoyed our first rode trip just her and I to our great aunt and uncle's (had a blast), took the ACT test, I volunteered and attended a summer camp, and our family was able to enjoy a few vacations among many other things.
What a great year it was!! I am grateful most for God and all that He taught me, my wonderful family, the friends He blessed me with, God's blessings of health, and for my beloved church family where God has done so much in our lives. I couldn't thank Him more.
I pray that God will continue to shape me and that all that I do will glorify Him. I praise God for such a great year and I am looking forward to seeing what God is going to do in 2009.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey Brooke,
It sounds like you had a great year. I hope the Lord blesses this year for you also.
Aren't you in college now? Are you at Bob Jones University or is that where you want to go?
I had a great Christmas. We actually do not celebrate Christmas like other families but instead we only do a nativity play on Christmas Day.
New Years was fun also but has lost some of it fun because I now used to staying seeing that great big ball drop. It was like 12 no problem any more. I am usually up to that time usually every night now.
What about your Holidays?
In Christ ,Nathan
PS I changed blogs and I have posted
Hi Brooke,
I have commented on your blog before but it has been awhile..shame on me!! lol You have some really great post on here! I was just reading this post and saw that you visited BJU. Do you plan on going there? I have been accepted and hopefully will begin this fall.
~God Bless,Holly~
Hey Brooke!
Nice post! Sounds like you had a terrific year! I'm so glad! 2008 was a good year for me, for lots of reasons. Sad, painful things happened... but so many great things happened as well!
Hugs,
Becca
Hi Brooke,
Yes, If it works out that we both can go to BJU we will have to meet up for sure! I am still a little uncertain as to what I want to study,however I am thinking of something in Bussiness. How about you. What would you like to major in? I know what you mean about the price. We are still praying that everything works out. Hope everything works out for you!
~Holly~
Hey Brook,
Wow, those are some great goals for this year! When we start each year, the best thing is knowing that no matter how many times we fail & sin that we have the Lord's forgiveness!!
Praying you have been doing well! God bless your week!
-Elizabeth
Sounds like a wonderful year! One of my highlights was meeting you and Holly and your wonderful family!
I wish we could have stayed longer, but hopefully we can meet again soon! :)
looking forward to this year because I know God is going to do some wonderful things!
Love ya!
Miss Amanda
The Daily Planet
It was a blessed year - no doubt, and I was grateful to be able to become better friends with you! You will always be one of my best and closest confidants.... speaking of which we haven't emailed in forever. :P
May God bless you in the coming year and your decisions and paths that you take!
Miss Jocelyn
http://aponderingheart.com
Post a Comment