Want to know what has happened in my life as of late? Man, was Friday a rough day...
Holly and I went to the doctor to get a physical. Everything went fine until I got my blood checked. I sat down and the nurse prepared to draw my blood and I looked away as she stuck a needle in my arm. I sat there looking around the room feeling o.k. until it started to hurt a little. It felt like that needle was in my arm forever! I finally asked the nurse if was done but while I took one glance at the needle---and that was it.
I started to feel dizzy and I told the nurse I was blacking out. The room started to spin and my vision slowly started to turn dim and dark....then I was gone. I had passed out. I don't remember too much but only feeling like I was in a very, very deep dream.
When I started to come to, I slowly started seeing light until everything came in focus. I awoke on the floor lying on my back. The nurse's faces flooded over me and one was holding my legs to keep my blood flowing. It took me a minute to realize where I was and what had occurred.
Man, that was the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me! It felt so strange. I never thought I'd faint getting blood drawn, or ever faint at all in fact. That's never happened before and I have had plenty of shots in my lifetime.
After I had rested a little bit, I sat up and all of the sudden I started feeling sick. And boy was I sick. It's a long story, but I ended up being asked to be layed back on the floor and I couldn't stop throwing up. I had the roughest drive home, as Mom came to pick me up. The nurses checked my blood pressure and everything and said I was fine. I think one of the reasons I was so sick is because skipping breakfast usually affects me and I wasn't allowed to eat before I entered the doctor's office.
Goodness, all of this over getting blood drawn!
After I took a long nap I felt a lot better. It really put me behind time as I had much to do and lots to pack before we left for the beach Saturday. Because of it, I had to miss a good friend's surprise birthday party and ended up packing until like 2 a.m. and staying up until we left for the beach at 4:45 a.m. What a day!!
I am glad all of that is over. Fainting really was a weird experience. My Mom tells me I could never be a nurse...What's really odd is that Holly had to get a shot Wednesday in order to volunteer for the hospital, and she passed out as well!! Ha, we both fainted in the same week. It must run in the family.
On a good note, my family and I are now enjoying a relaxing vacation at the beach with our grandparents, aunt, uncle and cousin. This is our 8th annual trip. How I love the beach!!
I will write more about our trip later. It's been wonderful so far.
19 comments:
Thanks, Brooke, for entering into the giveaway at my blog! I'm so sorry to read about your fainting episode at the doctor's office, but I'm very jealous that you're spending this upcoming week at the beach! :) Also, the pictures from your trip to Alabama are really pretty. Thanks again for stopping by and I hope to visit your blog again soon!
iWhoa, that must have been freaky!!!!! I've never fainted before.
I start school in August. Yes, I am a little nervous. I mostly made that decision because I was having issues with homeschooling, and I was praying about it, and that is what I felt like I was supposed to do. :)
Alycia
LoL
I found your blog off of your HSB. I also blog there at homeschoolblogger.com/Jeremiah2913, but am slowly switching over to Wordpress. :)
Lol... I've fainted once when I cut myself, and then almost fainted another time. Both times I felt terribly sick like I was going to throw up, but I never did. :)
You have a blessed day! In Christ, Erica
You and your sister........lol
Wow, that is kinda scary. I've heard it happen before though. Recently . I'm glad you were alright. We don't do any doctor stuff unless it's the ER. lol Last time I got... well went to get my shots was when I was 6 and I wouldn't let the nurse stick the needle. I almost made her stick herself. I didn't up getting it and that was the last time we went tot he docs. ekkks!
Oh man that's awful!! My aunt is like that - she used to faint EVERY time she got a shot or saw blood. She's a *little* better about it now since she has kids. :-)
Thank you for your comment. It's good to hear from you. Thanks so much for your prayers for our trip! We will be leaving tomorrow morning, but I'm planning to post on my blog tonight with some specific prayer requests for the trip.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the beach!!
God bless,
Love, Ashley
Hello Brooke!
Thank you for your comment!
Yes, Nanny and Mary are my little sisters. :-)
I'm reading P&P right now as well as Emma, but P&P has been a work-in-progress for quite a while. I love the P&P story, but I've also always loved Emma, ever since I saw one version of the movie. I don't think Emma is better than P&P, but it's different, because Emma and Elizabeth are so opposite. It's kind of refreshing to read a Jane Austen story that *isn't* about the Bennet sisters, because that's the story that you hear the most about. I'd say that if you ever have a chance you should read Emma. :-)
The Lemon Custard Cakes turned out fairly well. Thank you for asking! They weren't fantabulously delicious, but they were good. They were very light and tangy.
Yes, I'm on the new forum. Instead of a fancy username, I went plain; my username is just 'Rebecca.' :-)
Oh!! I'm sorry you were sick! That's never fun! Fainting sounds like it would be so... strange. (I've never fainted.) I don't care much for needles. :-) One time I got upset with a nurse because she was giving my little brother a shot. I was really little.... 6 at the most. I think I started crying, because, in my mind, she was going to hurt him, and there was no reason for it.
I'm glad you're having a good time at the beach! I wish I could go to a beach!
Hugs,
Becca
Thanks for the sweet comment Sis!
XOXO,
Holly
Wow, sounds like a wierd experience. Glad your feeling better now.
I LOVe the beach. At the place we used to live we would go about 3 times a year to beach cottages that were practically right on the beach, and it was the best ever! There were hardly any people on the beach at one time, and though I don't remember seeing many jellyfish...there were a lot of sharks...lol. Lifeguards had to take everyone out of the water here and there because of shark sightings, and one time a boy got bitten. One time my friends and I found a LIVE baby shark out on the beach. That was kind of cool.
Well I better go!
Love,
Arya
I can imagine myself doing something like that. I hate needles, but I must say i have never passed out! Never even came close. Thanks for your comment and I'll try and visit your page with more frequency!! Blessings and peace!!
Sarah
BTW, no. I didn't even know about HSB until after I had started with the regular, and I've put so much work into it that I don't want to change!!
Oh poor Brooke! That sounds awful. :-( I'm glad you got it over with. I've never fainted before, but my younger sister has on more than one occasion. It always scares my parents half to death!
Have a good night and enjoy your vacation!
~Amanda
Hi Brooke,
Are you at the beach with Holly and your family? If so, hope your having a blast!
Come check out my updated blogspot blog!
God bless,
Arya
hey Brooke... thinking about you. :) Hope you're doing well.
Aww Brooke! That is really horrible! I am sorry you had to experience that.
I think I do ok with needles. The last time I had anything with a needle was when I cracked open my chin and had to get stitches. They gave me a shot to make me numb. I was so wacked out about cracking my chin open that the needle didnt bother me. lol!
Anyway, I am so glad you are better. I hope you have a GREAT TIME on vacation. I posted about meeting you btw!
Love ya girl!
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com
Awe Brooke, that's awful!
Yeah, I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to taking shots. I can handle the site of blood no problem, if it's on other people. It's almost impossible to make me panic in any situation.
But I'll tell you, if I have to take a shot, oh golly, I get all sweaty and start feeling dizzy and yeah, I almost pass-out every time. LOL, haven't yet, fortunately.
Nah, I still haven't found my wallet... which, is a very bad thing.
I'll keep looking.
Anyhow, I wanted to let you know, we'll be in ---------- in a week. I guess you're on vacation now, right? Think you'll be home in a week or so? If so, let me know and we might be able to meet (ha, but maybe not with our luck).
;)
Just wanted to let you know.
Ok Brooke, enjoy the rest of your vacation and stay away from those shots. :P
-Paulie
Brooke,
I am so sorry, ha. I totally forgot; I've reposted the comment.
I'm not sure if we'll be going to the expo down there; I don't think so.
But we will be in your area this Friday and possibly Saturday.
Yeah, emailing will be fine (mom gets a copy of all my emails anyhow; so, we're good).
;)
My email address is:
paul(at)shatteringwindows(dot)com
I hope we can work something out.
Thanks and again, sorry about the comment.
-Paulie
Post a Comment