
I absolutley love homemade bread!! It makes an ordinary sandwich taste delightful. Not only does it taste delicious but it is very healthy and filled with many vitamins. Baking fresh, homemade bread has so many benefits.
I try to bake a few loaves every weekend so we will be stocked for the upcoming week. We use our own organic wheat (which makes it good for you!), and grind it into flour. So that is the first step in baking bread.
Want to see the whole process? First I...

Mix the ingredients into the mixer (which is the easiest way to do it)

After the dough rises for about an hour, take it out of the mixer.

Knead it.
Let it rise once again.


Bake it.

Remove from oven.

And then you have your delicious masterpiece!

Oh yeah, so good....

The kids love it!!

I then wrap up the remainders....

...and freeze for the rest of the week.
And there you go! That's how's it done. Not too bad, aye? What a blessing to bake from scratch! It really does make a difference.
11 comments:
Nutritious and delicious! ;)
That does look delicious, Brooke! I know your family must really appreciate it!
Hope you're having a great weekend!
homemade bread is delicious. yours looks yummo!
Hey Brook,
It was so nice to hear from you. Sorry I haven't been by in while. Life is so busy here :(
The bread you made is almost like the bread I make for my family except for that before I make the bread I grind fresh wheat into flour. Other than that we're almost the same.
Fresh homemade bread is so yummy!! Have you ever tried jelly filled whole wheat rolls? Delicious!!! Just take the dough form it into a a roll and then put some jelly in the center and cook. Bon Appetite!
Love ya!
-Miss Elizabeth
Sry I spelled your name wrong.. :)
Great, Now I'm hungry.... :P
mmmm that bread looks so yummy. My niece jocelyn lead me to your site. I figured I would say HI. You can visit me at http://dixonhomestead.com/auntjen/
Blessings in Christ,
Aunt Jen
Hi Brooke,
The bread looks delicious!! What an industrious young woman you are! If you guys are down for Thanksgiving this year, a turkey sandwich on that yummy bread would would be a great way to use left over turkey.... hint, hint. Love you.
Oh... Miss Brooke! What lovely loves of bread you have! I'd love a piece with butter and raspberry jam! It sounds so good. I have not made bread in a long time. I could never get it to be like a loaf from the store tho. Wanna share your recipe? :) You could email it to me. I am all open for new recipes.
RYC -
I am so glad I could encourage you with the song I posted. It is such a blessing when people comment and tell me things like that. It makes me want to post even more for you all!
I hope you have a lovely rest of the night, you and all your lovely family.
Love,
Rachel
Ps. Tell your Little Ladies that our cat just had seven kittens. One died... I was sad about that. I will try to get some pictures of them up on my blog soon, so they can see them. :) I enjoyed playing with their kittens. :)
Much love. :-)
That bread looks really good! I love homemade bread, but we don't get to make it that often. I really want to get a wheat grinder so that we might be able to make it on a more regular basis.
Hope your doing well!
God bless,
Jordan
Hey, I like your new look also!! You & Holly change so much I always have to check and make sure I'm at the right place. Maybe I'll spruce mine up some....
Love you girl,
Post a Comment