“Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.”

- Francis Bacon

Monday, June 22, 2009

Longing For Love

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0FBBm35aiuY/SUXDVm69JeI/AAAAAAAAATU/Q7zg01-sC-c/s320/Copy+of+sad+girl.jpg

While recently spending the day at an amusement park, one thing I couldn't help but notice was how many girls I saw---many who were quite young---hidden in guy's arms. A few faces revealed a look of emptiness and others just plain indifference, but I'm sure each were seeking after the same thing: emotional security and ultimately...love. My heart went out to them.

When I see these young girls I can't help but wonder about their individual world's and their home lives. Do they come from broken families? Are they devoid of love where they live? Are their parents there for them? While this can be related to the choices they make and who they become, despite one's background the truth is that if a girl doesn't have the Lord, guys are one of the only things she can turn to.

I know how they feel. All they want is someone to love and cherish them. As I looked into dark, makeup covered eyes with masculine arms around her waist and showers of kisses upon her neck, I saw the pain and the desire for security. My heart grieved for her because she hasn't found it yet. If you don't know the Lord, where else do you go?

As she places herself in his embraces and lets his hands touch her, she thinks it's love, but the man's actions portray an entirely different message. He loves every minute of easy pleasure from someone who will freely give it. She's vulnerable and he knows it. For her this is the price she must pay for someone to desire and care for her, but how long will it last?


What has happened to respect? Why have girls let go of precious treasures? Where are all the gentlemen?

None of these issues can be solved until God is the center. Christ is the only answer to the emptiness of the soul. No guy could ever fulfill a lady's longings. No lady can find true emotional security and love until she has given her heart to the One who loves her most.

A man and woman who love the Lord can display true love because they have been given it, and until the gospel has been shared, emptiness will have no remedy. It's just another reason the Good News must be spread.


6 comments:

Meredith Ivy said...

What a great post, Brooke. I hope you're having a nice summer!

earl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
earl said...

Amen,the devil is very subtle he wants to imitate our Loving Savior Jesus Christ. So he has images of Everything the Son ,Jesus Christ has He wants to be like the most high .Isaiah 14 :12-14 shows us this..
So he has his version of Love. And we lonely humans are willing to buy into this false love. The devil has a well thought out plan to keep men and women in darkness.. It is only God who can rescue us..He makes the first move ,but who would respond.He says :John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
We must not give up what it takes to bring light to our fellow men despite the darkness in which they live.. We must to the end fight to assist, fight to make plain the paths to righteousness as though it is our own very own lives we are fighting for ..Such is the nature of true love.The principle is of a higher calling only Christ in us can do such a thing.

Cynthia said...

What you said is so true! I completely agree. We need to show the world what real love is!

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Oh Brooke, you wrote this so well. It is so heartbreaking to even think about, and to know girls who are rejected... by family, parents, friends, and go to find love and hope in the wrong places. I have been blessed to get to minister to some like this and I pray the LORD will continue to use me in this area.

HUGS!

Elizabeth said...

Dearest Brooke,

This is such an excellent post!! It makes you think how blessed you and I both are, but makes you feel so sad and heartbroken for others.

Hope all is well!

In Christ, Elizabeth