The season of fall is faintly beginning to fill the air. The mornings are a bit cooler and the leaves are starting to change their colors. I don't want summer to end even though I enjoy snuggling under cozy blankets, colored leaves, soft snow, warm tea and sitting by the fireplace. I will miss taking walks in the warm morning sun. But that's the way its got to be and change is nice some times.
Amber and Autumn have been accompanying me on my morning walks as of late. We all jog up to the neighbor's deserted house (which is used for his bridal photography company but he's never there) and is surrounded by woods and lots of wild life. I've seen quite a few deers and recently a huge turkey up in a tree.
God has blessed Holly and I with t-shirt printing jobs these last two weeks which we are grateful for. We finished an order for 150 last week and have an order for about 115 to complete by Sunday. God is very gracious. He is always faithful to provide right when we need it :)
I will begin babysitting next week and I am looking forward to seeing the kids again. It's more than just a job to me but sort of a ministry as well. I have been giving the older two kids short Bible studies and such. Their enthusiasm to learn more about God has really encouraged me. It surprised me at first because I wasn't expecting that sort of reaction from them--actual excitement to have a "Bible study." But last time I tried to have one, Chase, the 12 year old, went rocking on his electric guitar instead and politely said he didn't want to do it today. So, anyway, I am praying God will use me as He desires. Chase has been saved for about 2 years but isn't really growing, and Chloe' told me recently that she hasn't accepted Christ as her Savior. Please pray for these kids and me as well. This will probably be the last time I will have to spend all this time with them and I want to use it for God's glory.
I was excited to receive a package in the mail recently of the Bible study materials I had ordered. It's the official leader's guide and I am now in a period of "training." There's several CD's I have to listen to which contain such subjects as learning how to disciple young girls, leading an effective meeting, how to be a good role model, etc. Maybe I will be able to start a discipleship group for girls soon. I'm still praying though.
God has been teaching me a lot lately. How dependent I am on Him. I'm so grateful for His grace and that He still loves me despite how imperfect I am.
10 comments:
Hey Cuz,
The Rising Fall need some shirts done. Do you screen print? Or heat transfer? We want screen printed shirts, but I would like to give you and Holly the business if possible.
Hey Randy,
Let's try this again...
What I was gonna say is that they do a good job on the shirts. They pick on overwieght customers though. (see video on Holly's blog)
I just couldn't help it ;)
Hey Brooke do you think we ever had a XXXXL shirt before? I think the biggest was XXXL. We are talkin HUGE!!!!!!
LOL
~Holly
Hey Brooke! So glad you shared an update! What amazing updates at that! I can tell that God is truly working in your life!
That is great that you are getting business! I am still very serious about getting a shirt made! :)
Thanks for your encouragement last Saturday. It made me smile to read it! :) This week has been so crazy I didn't have time to reply to any comments!
Love ya Brooke and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com
Randy:
We do heat-transfer shirts, just to let you know :)
Holly
Hello Brooke!
It's starting to change seasons here as well! I'm really happy about that. I had more than enough heat living in Florida. LOL I like the cold!
Your blog looks really pretty! I like the pictures with the verses on them.
Hugs,
Becca
Hey Holly,
Actually, I think we have done a 4X before. Remember that one time we had about 2 of them and they were enormous!!! I mean B-I-G!
And shame on you, picking on your customers like that. They have feelings too...
:)
Hi Brooke,
I trust that the Lord has a special plan for your life. You are following His direction to "Study to show yourself approved unto God". Keep watching for those doors to walk through.
Love & prayers...
Post a Comment